WE NEED YOU!
VOLUNTEER WITH THE 4WDABC
We’re always looking for volunteers! Learn more about how you can help out at the 4WDABC.
There are many different ways you can get involved with us at the 4WDABC.
On this page you will find our typical volunteer positions, our volunteer code of conduct, and our volunteer sign-up form! If you want to work with us, please complete the form below and a member of our team will be in touch to follow up.
Don’t have the time to Volunteer, but still want to help out?
Considering donating to our organization!
- West Harrison Maintenance Run
- Kenyon Lake Maintenance Run
Trail/Road/Site Clearing and repair
- Clear old trails for use
- Beware of safety of other recreational users and do not create hazards that could injure quad riders or motorcyclists
- Look for opportunities to create trail loops where you can enter in one trail system and exit another to create variety for day trips or weekend trips
- Access areas that have been lost to overgrowth
- Selling the value of the Association and what we do to
- 4×4 clubs
- 4×4 group
Promoting the value of supporting the Association to
- 4×4 aftermarket suppliers
- 4×4 manufactures and dealers
- Corporate entities interested in supporting organizations that do good public works promoting recreation, health and the environment
- Other funds and foundations that can support us through grants.
- Pub Nights
- 50/50 draws
- Trail cleanups on FSR’s under urban pressure
- 4×4 Show and Shines
- Promotion of event to wheelers, wheeling clubs and other wheeling groups
- Soliciting prizes for raffle
- Organization at the show, organized parking in groups
- Coordination of corporate support
- Communication and logistics
Code of Conduct
- RESPECT: Treat everyone with respect, from other wheelers and other recreational users, to government officials and environmentalists.
- POSITIVE: Remain positive in all interactions.
- POLITE: We leave lasting impressions beginning with the first impression.
- RESPONSIBLE: Live the Four Wheeler’s Code of Ethics
- DEPENDABLE: Follow through on our word.
- Don’t pick fights, either in person or online. We can present our view, argue our beliefs, express our opinions without attacking an individual. We lose respect as soon as we react in kind to an online attack, and not just of this one attacker but of the many others who read and do not write.
One of the goals of the Four Wheel Drive Association of BC is to represent ALL WHEELERS, not just some. We are to promote mud bogging by advocating by designated areas to do so in areas where it is already a popular activity. We are to promote rock crawling by advocating designated rock crawling areas where the activity is already popular. We are to promote access to trails and trail systems for our day trippers and our adventure wheelers or overlanders.
No one gets left behind is a good motto.
We are not an exclusive entity, rather, we are fully inclusive of the entire wheeling community and we need to be responsive to all of these needs.
WE NEED YOU!
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Thank you for considering volunteering with the 4WDABC! Please provide as much detail as possible about your skills and areas of interest.
WHAT’S YOUR IDEA?
SHARE YOUR PROJECT IDEA
Do you have an idea for a project that could benefit wheelers in BC, that the 4WDABC can help with?
Maybe our Board of Directors and Officers can offer experience, knowledge, or contacts?
Maybe the Association can provide logistical or financial support?
Maybe we can help promote your idea and rally volunteers (we are ALL volunteers here, after all)?
Let us know what you’re doing and how you think we can help!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the form below) to discuss!