ANNOUNCING Our 2022 Annual General Meeting, Director Nominations, and Call for Resolutions
Our 2022 AGM is scheduled for 10:00 am, March 19, 2022, via Zoom online meeting and streamed to our YouTube channel.
Open Director positions for voting for the 2022 4WDABC AGM are as follows:
- President (2-year term)
- Secretary (2-year term)
- Merchandise (2-year term)
- Membership (2-year term)
- Director at Large (1-year term)
Director Nominations – We strongly recommend those who may be interested in running contact firstname.lastname@example.org so that candidates will have the opportunity for their biographies to be distributed officially, along with other elections information leading up to the day.
Descriptions of the Positions – You will find descriptions of the positions below, if there are further questions regarding the positions you may find that reviewing the by-laws, may provide additional context. If there are other questions about the positions, please email email@example.com.
President – Current incumbent Kim Reeves
- The President presides at meetings of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia and of the Board of Directors.
- The President shall have general supervision of the affairs of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia and shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
- The President is tasked with innovation and leading the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia.
- Upon receiving communications from members regarding local activities, issues, or events, and not full provincial activities, will have those members contact the appropriate Regional Officer to deal with the local activity, issue or event, as well as notifying the Director of Regions.
Secretary – Current incumbent Leah McQueen
- The Secretary conducts the correspondence of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia and reports thereon to the Board of Directors.
- The Secretary keeps adequate records (minutes) of the proceedings of the meetings of the Board of Directors and the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia. If not present at a meeting, the Board will appoint another member to take minutes, recognizing that business needs to be slower due to the inexperience of the appointee.
- The Secretary gives immediate notice to the Board of Directors, club representatives (designates), corporate designates, and other members and committees of all votes, orders, resolutions and proceedings affecting them or pertaining to their respective duties.
- The Secretary has charge of the records of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia, except those required to be kept by the Treasurer, or shall give Power of Attorney as the Board of Directors may determine for signing such documents of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia.
Merchandise Director – Current incumbent Jeff Courtney
- Coordinates creative concepts for merchandising
- Coordinates implementation and design by getting quotes on costs and times
- Coordinates promotion of sales of merchandise
- Coordinates the warehousing, storage, and inventory control of our merchandise
- Coordinates packaging, shipping, and other distribution of our merchandise
Membership Director – Current incumbent Tai Van Patter
- Generates memberships within all four classes.
- Promotes, solicits, and liaises re Corporate Sustaining Members
- Receives and processes applications.
- Notifies of renewal time
Director at Large – Current incumbent Brian Pratt
- The Director at Large position has not been provided with a fixed portfolio, instead, it will be developed to accommodate both the skill sets of the individual who fills the role; and the Association’s many dynamic needs. The 4WDABC continues to experience exponential year-over-year growth; this role will evolve in response to needs.
For full descriptions of these roles, please review the by-laws that can be found in the current by-laws available at www.4wdabc.com
If you know someone you think would be suited to one of these positions (including yourself), please submit their name to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will remain open until midnight PST, March 4. We will also be accepting resolutions for discussion and voting during this period.
Campaigning will run March 6 to 11 via our Facebook page at facebook.com/4wdabc: to avoid overrunning our regular social media channels, one post will be made per candidate, and any questions may be posed and answered there. Any resolutions received will also have a post made for discussion.
Online voting begins March 13 and closes at midnight, March 17. 4WDABC Members in Good Standing as of March 12 will receive an email with a unique link to cast their votes on both candidates and resolutions.
Results will be tallied by the independent Nominations Committee on March 18 and announced at the AGM.
Should you have any questions, or require additional information please contact email@example.com.