Our 2023 wall calendar was a huge hit, so it’s that time again – we’re looking for photo submissions for a 2024 calendar from our members. The deadline to submit the photos is midnight Labour Day, Sept. 4, 2023 to allow time for selecting photos and printing the calendars. We are aiming to distribute the calendars before Christmas. We look forward to your submissions!
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR PICTURES! We’ve received several excellent photos so far that we may be unable to use because they don’t adhere to the guidelines.
- Photo must be your own; proof may be requested before publishing
- Recommended minimum 8MP camera (i.e. iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy S6 or newer, or most compact digital cameras made in the last 10 years)
- Photo must be landscape orientation (wider than it is tall)
- Photo must not endorse a specific brand, commercial entity, political party or controversial social cause
- Photo must be taken at a public location; if on private property, written permission of the owner is required
- Photos must be tasteful (no nudity or gore)
- Photographer must be willing to sign a release for the image
- Selected photos will be chosen by how well they represent the 4WDABC, its members, or the province of British Columbia
- Photos will be selected to show variety for seasons, locations, and subject matters in the calendar
- Photos may be rejected if they show irresponsible behaviour or situations that do not conform to the principles of the 4WDABC, Tread Lightly or Wheeling Wisely
- Photos should abide by the guidelines and may be rejected if poorly edited, at too low of a resolution, not in focus, improper subject matter, etc.
- Photos will not be judged on the type of vehicle, the identity of the photographer, or number of cowbells
- No photographer will have more than one photo in the calendar
- Consider basic photographic guidelines such as the rule of threes, subject matter, focal point, foreground, background, lighting, appropriate use of filters, etc. (you may want to visit or join the BC 4WD Photography Facebook group)
- Human (&pet) interest photos are appreciated
- Photos should be a minimum of 4MB, 300 PPI, 3300×2560 pixels, as they may be cropped or edited
- Save in PNG or HEIC for best quality.
- Photos must be submitted via the form below, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For emailed submissions, please only one photo per email
- You should include the location and time of year the photo was taken, as we may use these criteria to get a broad spectrum of pictures in the calendar
- Include the following statement: “I am the photographer of the attached photo and permit the 4WDABC to edit this photo and publish it in their calendar or other media.” Even if your photo is not selected for the calendar, the 4WDABC may want to use your photo on social media or other materials, with proper attribution.
- Your full name, email and phone number for contact purposes
- Your name and the location will be included in the calendar if your photo is chosen. If you do not wish to include your name, please let us know, and if you do not wish to reveal a detailed location; please provide a general area where the photo is taken (for example, Central Kootenays, Similkameen, Sunshine Coast, etc.)
If you have any questions or comments, please email the calendar committee at email@example.com.
PHOTO SUBMISSION FORM – Fields marked with a * are required.
This form is currently closed for submissions.