ANNOUNCING Our 2024 Annual General Meeting
Our 2024 AGM is scheduled for 10:00 AM, March 16, 2024, online via Zoom and in person at the Honeymoon Bay Community Hall on Vancouver Island. This meeting is open to all 4WDABC members in good standing.
The AGM will be followed by an open general meeting online and in person. After a lunch break, those joining us in Honeymoon Bay will be invited to their choice of workshops with the BOD or local trail runs, followed by a BBQ dinner, then “speed dating,” where you’ll have a few minutes one-on-one with any of the Directors still in attendance.
RSVP for in-person events so we know how many to accommodate; RSVP for Zoom events to receive the link to attend.
- RSVP for the AGM (online or in person; must be logged in with an active membership account)
- RSVP for the open meeting (online or in person, open to all)
- RSVP for lunch (we need to know how much to order)
- RSVP for afternoon in-person events
- RSVP for the BBQ dinner (we need to know how much food to bring)
Special Resolutions to be voted upon
1) Be it Resolved following a special resolution vote that the Four Wheel Drive Association of BC will donate $1 per paid member of our Association annually to the Outdoor Recreation Council of BC on the date of payment of our Association membership to the ORCBC.
Full text of the resolution: 4WDABC 2024 resolution to support ORC
Elections for the Board of Directors
Open Director positions for voting for the 2024 4WDABC AGM are as follows:
- President (2-year term)
- Secretary (2-year term)
- Merchandise (2-year term)
- Membership (2-year term)
Descriptions of the Positions – Brief descriptions of the positions below; Bylaws 4WDABC Updated Feb18 2023 will provide additional context. If you have other questions about the positions, please email email@example.com.
President – Current incumbent Kim Reeves
- The President presides at meetings of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia and of the Board of Directors.
- The President shall have general supervision of the affairs of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia and shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
- The President is tasked with innovation and leading the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia.
- Upon receiving communications from members regarding local activities, issues, or events, and not full provincial activities, will have those members contact the appropriate Regional Officer to deal with the local activity, issue or event and notify the Director of Regions.
Secretary – Current incumbent Leah McQueen
- The Secretary conducts the correspondence of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia and reports thereon to the Board of Directors.
- The Secretary keeps adequate records (minutes) of the proceedings of the meetings of the Board of Directors and the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia. If the Secretary is not present at a meeting, the Board will appoint another member to take minutes, recognizing that business needs to be slower due to the inexperience of the appointee.
- The Secretary immediately informs the Board of Directors, club representatives (designates), corporate designates, and other members and committees of all votes, orders, resolutions and proceedings affecting them or pertaining to their respective duties.
- The Secretary has charge of the records of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia, except those required to be kept by the Treasurer, or shall give Power of Attorney as the Board of Directors may determine for signing such documents of the Four Wheel Drive Association of British Columbia.
Merchandise Director – Current incumbent Mary Austin
- Coordinates creative concepts for merchandising
- Coordinates implementation and design by getting quotes on costs and times
- Coordinates promotion of sales of merchandise
- Coordinates the warehousing, storage, and inventory control of our merchandise
- Coordinates packaging, shipping, and other distribution of our merchandise
Membership Director – Current incumbent Shauna Grant
- Generates memberships within all classes.
- Promotes, solicits, and liaises with Corporate Sustaining Members
- Receives and processes applications.
- Notifies of renewal time
Call for Director Nominations
If you know someone you think would be suited to one of these positions (including yourself), please submit their name to firstname.lastname@example.org so that candidates can have the opportunity for their biographies to be distributed officially, along with other election information leading up to the day. Nominations will remain open until midnight PST on March 2.
All nominees must be 4WDABC members in good standing.
Campaigning will run from March 3 to 9 via our website, www.4wdabc.ca. To keep things organized and avoid overrunning our regular social media channels, one post will be made for each candidate, and questions for them can be added in the comments on that post. Direct links to the candidate pages will be posted on social media.
Online voting begins March 10 and closes at midnight, March 14. 4WDABC Members in Good Standing as of March 9 will receive an email with a unique link to cast their votes on both candidates and resolutions.
Results will be tallied by the independent Nominations Committee on March 15 and announced at the AGM on March 16.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact email@example.com.