The Stave Motorsport Park and Off-Road Training Area is the result of 20 years of advocacy in the West Stave area.
Starting in 2024, the park will be open for free public use on the first two weekends of every month. When those fall on a long weekend, it will also be open on the holiday.
The park is operated entirely by volunteers and has a few rules that will be strictly enforced; please respect those who are giving of their time to make this possible:
- No pets in the park unless they’re inside your vehicle.
- No kids in the park unless they’re inside your vehicle.
- No camping, campfires, or open alcohol in the park.
- Vehicles must be fully insured for street use.
- Gates will be open from 10:00 AM to dusk
- The road through the park leads to the Sayres Lake group campground and must always remain unobstructed.
- If you’re stopping to take a break inside the park, please park along the log section, allowing room for vehicles to pass
- If you’re just stopping to watch, please park outside the gate along the FSR, being sure not to block the road.
- There will be continuing construction within the park; please be mindful of moving equipment and changing conditions.
Other dates are reserved for Wheeling Wisely courses and DC ENGAGED training days. Please check the calendar for more details.